Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chic on the Cheap: Bootie-licious

Girls, I am soooo running on empty right now! A week in New York + a delayed unemployment check thanks to the federal holiday, and it's peanut butter sandwiches for dinner. But I'm looking good doing it thanks to the new Nine West black booties I scored at Century 21 for SIX BUCKS. Seriously?? (Not the exact ones, but pretty darn close.)

Ironically, I was with a friend who was intent on finding ankle boots, and I was just browsing to entertain myself. I haven't bought new clothes or shoes in ages, and it feels good to see what I'm saving. But when you see a price tag that says $5.99, on a pair of shoes that is both cute and your size, you don't put it down! The trade-off? No beer with my pizza that night. Totally worth it.

Always up for a bargain hunt, they've inspired me to scour the web to find stylish boots you can also pick up for a steal. The girls in the fashion department already discovered a fewone of which is now on sale for $14.99! – but the more, the merrier. I wear mine with skirts and tights (teal ones on Valentine's Day!), skinny jeans, wide trousers, you name it. I'd never encourage frivalous spending, so you know they're worth it!














Rosalita Boot at Alloy, on sale for $19.99. Love the punk feel from the zipper teeth!
























Melissa Oxford at Alloy, on sale for $19.99. Sexy librarian, anyone?






















Sequin Trim Platform from Forever 21, on sale for $14.99. Skirt, leggings or cuffed skinny jeans are a must to get full disco effect.





















Rain boots at Old Navy, on sale for $19.50. I know, not booties. But who could resist that sunny yellow on a rainy day? New favorite color combo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm personally a big fan of brokeassliz blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path

    ReplyDelete